HEALTH, DIET, WORKOUT TIPS!
Hey yall! So you guys often ask me about my health, diet, and workout tips and I wanted to share a few. I want to preface this with saying I am no health coach or trainer and that these are things that simply work for me based of my experience. Just like you all, my weight fluctuates like crazy, and I often fall on and off the bandwagon with my consistency. But these tips below I have followed for years and have helped me not fully lose control. Many are self-explanatory or something you have already heard, but if not, give them a try and see how they work for YOU!
- Try to drink as close to a gallon of water a day
- It is a lot of water, but after a few days adjusting to the amount and easing yourself into it, you’ll feel great! The more water you drink, the fuller your body is. Which means there’s less room for food. You won’t overeat at meals or snack too much during the day when you are drinking it. It also helps with belly bloating (and who doesn’t want a flatter stomach) and in the bathroom department. It makes it easier to go, improves your colon functioning, causes more urination (pretty obvious), and prevents constipation. That means that the toxins don’t get built up and stuck in your body.
- Detox Water (Cucumber, Lime, Lemon)
- This basic detox water recipe will help your body detox and flushes you out, and it tastes great, too. What I usually do is cut them up, put them in a gallon jug, let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours and and finish it within one day.
- EAT BREAKFAST (Protein shake (Herbalife), egg whites, green juice or boiled eggs is my go to)
- It will stop you from eating everything in sight later on, gives you energy for the rest of the day, and t will help kick start your metabolism!
- Eat something every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism going
- STOP starving yourself! Eating more frequently can help you lose weight if it’s done correctly and with proper portions. I am a natural snacker so it is easy for me but if you do you won’t feel as hungry as you do when you only eat 3 meals, which more than likely results in you eating more.
- Meal Prep Weekly
- I meal prep because it helps me not eat out nearly as much, knowing that I have premade meals home in the fridge (that I spent time to make and money to buy lol). Also, it helps you control what you eat throughout the week way more, as opposed to straining to finding a healthy option at every restaurant…. Which is usually always the most expensive option on the menu.
- My typical meals:
- Salmon, broccoli, half of sweet potato
- Grilled chicken, spinach, mushrooms
- Salmon, asparagus, brown rice
- Salmon lettuce wraps (Salmon, black beans, bell peppers)
- Juice (Check out the YouTube Video below!)
- Eat your greens
- Ya’ll know your moms have been telling you this! Aside from the high fiber content, which is essential for colon health, filling you up, and also play a role in controlling your immune system and digestive tract!
- Try to keep the unhealthy snacks out of your home for when the cravings come
- This is pretty self-explanatory. If it’s not there, you won’t eat it. And if you have to get up and go to the store to get an unhealthy snack your more than likely not to go! At least it works for me…….. Most of the time lol.
- Workout 3 – 4 days a week
- For me, it not only helps with weight loss/toning but it also helps with my mood and relieving stress!
- LASTLY, If you have a bad day, make sure to make up for it or start again
- We all have our weak moments. If you have a bad day and end up eating everything you said you wouldn’t, make it up the next day, the only way you will get good and routine at this is if you keep trying! *says that to my own self*
Try out some of these tips and ADD YOUR OWN SPIN to it so it’s something you can stick with! Hope it helps!
P.S. Promise I’m going to get better with posting here! Ya’ll just have to let me know what you want to see!
So feel free to send in your requests here, via email, DM, YouTube comment etc..!